Oscar-winning actress Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardener) announced today on the British morning TV show Daybreak that she will soon be making her debut on the Broadway stage. “I am going to do a play on Broadway,” said Weisz. “It’s confirmed.”
Weisz did not confirm which play she will be appearing in on Broadway, but rumors have been circulating that she will star opposite her husband, Daniel Craig (Skyfall), in Harold Pinter’s drama Betrayal.
Although Rachel Weisz will be performing on Broadway for the first time, she is not new to the stage. The actress received an Olivier Award for her performance in the Donmar Warehouse production of the Tennessee Williams classic A Streetcar Named Desire. On film, she can be seen in the new movie Oz the Great and Powerful.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016