Oscar-winning actress Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardener) announced today on the British morning TV show Daybreak that she will soon be making her debut on the Broadway stage. “I am going to do a play on Broadway,” said Weisz. “It’s confirmed.”
Weisz did not confirm which play she will be appearing in on Broadway, but rumors have been circulating that she will star opposite her husband, Daniel Craig (Skyfall), in Harold Pinter’s drama Betrayal.
Although Rachel Weisz will be performing on Broadway for the first time, she is not new to the stage. The actress received an Olivier Award for her performance in the Donmar Warehouse production of the Tennessee Williams classic A Streetcar Named Desire. On film, she can be seen in the new movie Oz the Great and Powerful.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015