The Picnic ends today. Roundabout Theatre Company’s well-received production of the William Inge classic concludes its limited run at the American Airlines Theatre.
The play — which is about the dreams, regrets, and romantic entanglements of small town residents during a sweltering Labor Day — stars Sebastian Stan (TV’s Once Upon a Time) as a handsome drifter who stirs up a lot of trouble during his brief visit. His co-stars include Maggie Grace, Elizabeth Marvel, Mare Winningham, Ben Rappaport, Reed Birney, and Ellen Burstyn.
Picnic is best known by many people for its 1955 Oscar-nominated film adaptation starring William Holden and Kim Novak.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bette Midler’s “Hello, Dolly!” Begins Previews - March 18, 2017
- Kevin Kline Stars in “Present Laughter” on Broadway - March 12, 2017
- Lynn Nottage’s Play “Sweat” Begins Previews - March 5, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017