The producers of the planned Broadway revival of the musical Pump Boys and Dinettes have announced that the production won’t be coming to Broadway this season. The show was supposed to start performances at the Circle in the Square Theatre on March 19. A new date has not been set yet.
“With the crowded landscape on Broadway this spring, we all agreed that the wise choice was to proceed with a new opening date,” stated producer Abby Lee. “We are in the process of determining the updated production schedule and look forward to sharing this wonderful musical with Broadway audiences in the near future.”
Under the direction of John Doyle, Pump Boys and Dinettes was set to star American Idol’s Bo Bice. The musical revue originally appeared on Broadway in 1982.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Forest Whitaker to Make Broadway Debut in “Hughie” - August 29, 2015
- “It Shoulda Been You” Closes on Broadway - August 11, 2015
- “On the Twentieth Century” Closes on Broadway - July 25, 2015
- “Hamilton” Begins Previews on Broadway - July 18, 2015
- Silvercup Studios to Open New Bronx Location - July 10, 2015