The producers of the planned Broadway revival of the musical Pump Boys and Dinettes have announced that the production won’t be coming to Broadway this season. The show was supposed to start performances at the Circle in the Square Theatre on March 19. A new date has not been set yet.
“With the crowded landscape on Broadway this spring, we all agreed that the wise choice was to proceed with a new opening date,” stated producer Abby Lee. “We are in the process of determining the updated production schedule and look forward to sharing this wonderful musical with Broadway audiences in the near future.”
Under the direction of John Doyle, Pump Boys and Dinettes was set to star American Idol’s Bo Bice. The musical revue originally appeared on Broadway in 1982.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Paula Vogel’s “Indecent” Earns Rave Reviews - April 22, 2017
- Sam Gold’s “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Begins Previews - April 12, 2017
- Cynthia Nixon, Laura Linney Star in “The Little Foxes” - April 6, 2017
- Cate Blanchett Completes Broadway Debut in “The Present” - March 28, 2017
- “Miss Saigon” Opens to Mixed Reviews - March 24, 2017