A starry cast is gathering for The Trip to Bountiful, which is coming to Broadway’s Stephen Sondheim Theatre this Spring. As already announced, Cicely Tyson will take the lead role of Carrie Watts, an older woman who yearns to return to her hometown of Bountiful, Texas. It is now confirmed, though, that she will be joined by two other stars, Cuba Gooding, Jr. (Jerry Maguire, Red Tails) and Vanessa Williams (Broadway’s Into the Woods, TV’s 666 Park Avenue), along with up-and-comer Condola Rashad (a standout in the recent Broadway play Stick Fly).
Cuba Gooding, Jr. will play Carrie Watts’ overprotective son, and Vanessa Williams will be her domineering daughter-in-law in this revival of the Horton Foote-penned drama. The Trip to Bountiful is set to play a strictly limited 14-week run, which will begin on March 31, 2013 with preview performances, and then have its official opening on April 23.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016