Broadway fans can get a taste of the Great White Way for free this summer with “Broadway in Bryant Park”, a series of outdoor lunchtime concerts performed in midtown Manhattan’s Bryant Park. The concerts will be held at 12:30pm each Thursday from July 11 through August 15 on the Bryant Park Stage (6th Avenue, btwn 40th and 42nd streets).
Hosted by personalities from radio’s Lite FM, “Broadway in Bryant Park” will feature performances from cast members of many Broadway and Off-Broaday musicals. Stars from a number of Broadway and Off-Broadway plays will serve as co-hosts.
So far the “Broadway in Bryant Park” line-up is as follows:
July 11: Cinderella; Pippin; iLuminate: Artist of Light; and Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812
July 18: Chicago, The Phantom of the Opera, Sistas the Musical, and F#%cking Up Everything
July 25: Avenue Q, Rock of Ages, Soul Doctor, Murder Ballad, and the Gazillion Bubble Show
August 1: Kinky Boots, Spiderman, Let It Be, Big Fish, and First Date
August 8: Wicked, Annie, The Fantasticks, and Cougar the Musical
August 15: Motown, Once, Forever Tango, and Mamma Mia!
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Katharine McPhee Begins in “Waitress” - April 20, 2018
- “Mean Girls” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 13, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Begins Previews - April 6, 2018
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Opens to Great Reviews - March 30, 2018
- Denzel Washington Begins in “The Iceman Cometh” - March 24, 2018