The Trip to Bountiful will last a little longer now that the new production of Horton Foote’s play is extending into the fall. Originally scheduled as a strictly limited engagement set to end on July 7, the Tony Award nominated revival was extended until September 1. But this latest extension means that it is now going to play through
The extension gives audiences plenty of time to catch Cicely Tyson in the role that won her a Tony Award, a Drama Desk Award, and an Outer Critics Circle Award this season. She is joined onstage at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre by Cuba Gooding Jr. (Jerry Maguire), Vanessa Williams (TV’s Ugly Betty), and Best Featured Actress Tony nominee Condola Rashad.
The Trip to Bountiful tells the story of an elderly woman, Carrie Watts, who sneaks away from her son and daughter-in-law to return back to her old hometown of Bountiful, Texas.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Tony Winner “Dear Evan Hansen” Enters Profits - July 20, 2017
- Best Play Winner “Oslo” Closes on Sunday, July 16th - July 13, 2017
- “Oslo” and “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Extend - July 7, 2017
- “The Little Foxes” Closes as Critical, not B.O., Hit - July 2, 2017
- “1984” Stage Play Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 30, 2017