Rumors have been flying about the upcoming Broadway revival of A Little Night Music for some time, but at last details are getting finalized, notably the production’s star. Catherine Zeta-Jones (who showed off her musical skills in the film of Chicago) will play Desiree Armfeldt in the charming Hugh Wheeler/Stephen Sondheim musical, based on the Bergman film Smiles of a Summer Night. Playing Madame Armfeldt will be legendary stage and screen star Angela Lansbury, who recently appeared on Broadway in Blithe Spirit. The production is scheduled to open at the Walter Kerr Theatre on December 13.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- “Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812” Begins - October 23, 2016
- Irving Berlin’s “Holiday Inn” Opens at Studio 54 - October 15, 2016
- “Waitress” All-Female Creative Team Earns Strong Reviews - May 1, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Begins Previews - April 10, 2016
- Critics Love “Eclipsed,” But Box Office is Slow to Respond - March 17, 2016