Following the announcement that Shia LaBeouf would be bowing out of the new Broadway production of Lyle Kessler’s drama Orphans, currently in rehearsal, it has been announced that actor Ben Foster will be replacing him. Foster will be playing the part of Treat, the elder of two brothers – the younger is played by Tom Sturridge. Shia LaBeouf was said to have exited the production due to creative differences, presumably with co-star Alec Baldwin.
Ben Foster is well-known in the independent film scene, with movies such as The Messenger, Rampart, and the forthcoming Kill Your Darlings. This production of Orphans will mark his Broadway debut.
Despite the slight disruption in the rehearsal process, Orphans is still scheduled to begin preview performances at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on March 19, with the official opening night set for April 7.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Opens to Mixed Reviews - October 20, 2016
- “The Encounter” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - October 14, 2016
- Broadway Plays Leap Over Musicals as the Fall Season Gets Underway - October 12, 2016
- SNL Season 42 Starts With Record Viewership With Trump Clinton Sketch - October 3, 2016
- “The Front Page” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 1, 2016