Following the announcement that Shia LaBeouf would be bowing out of the new Broadway production of Lyle Kessler’s drama Orphans, currently in rehearsal, it has been announced that actor Ben Foster will be replacing him. Foster will be playing the part of Treat, the elder of two brothers – the younger is played by Tom Sturridge. Shia LaBeouf was said to have exited the production due to creative differences, presumably with co-star Alec Baldwin.
Ben Foster is well-known in the independent film scene, with movies such as The Messenger, Rampart, and the forthcoming Kill Your Darlings. This production of Orphans will mark his Broadway debut.
Despite the slight disruption in the rehearsal process, Orphans is still scheduled to begin preview performances at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on March 19, with the official opening night set for April 7.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Father” Earns Mixed Reviews on Broadway - April 16, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Begins Previews at the Music Box Theatre - March 24, 2016
- Roundabout Theatre Company’s “Noises Off” Closes - March 20, 2016
- Steve Martin and Edie Brickell’s Musical “Bright Star” Begins Previews - March 3, 2016
- “Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Post-Super Bowl Ratings Surge - February 11, 2016