Following the announcement that Shia LaBeouf would be bowing out of the new Broadway production of Lyle Kessler’s drama Orphans, currently in rehearsal, it has been announced that actor Ben Foster will be replacing him. Foster will be playing the part of Treat, the elder of two brothers – the younger is played by Tom Sturridge. Shia LaBeouf was said to have exited the production due to creative differences, presumably with co-star Alec Baldwin.
Ben Foster is well-known in the independent film scene, with movies such as The Messenger, Rampart, and the forthcoming Kill Your Darlings. This production of Orphans will mark his Broadway debut.
Despite the slight disruption in the rehearsal process, Orphans is still scheduled to begin preview performances at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on March 19, with the official opening night set for April 7.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015
- Neil Patrick Harris to Host New NBC Variety Show - March 4, 2015
- Jon Stewart to Leave “The Daily Show” - February 18, 2015
- Sting Joins the Cast of “The Last Ship” - December 14, 2014
- Broadway Holiday Schedule Xmas 2014 - December 6, 2014