Following the announcement that Shia LaBeouf would be bowing out of the new Broadway production of Lyle Kessler’s drama Orphans, currently in rehearsal, it has been announced that actor Ben Foster will be replacing him. Foster will be playing the part of Treat, the elder of two brothers – the younger is played by Tom Sturridge. Shia LaBeouf was said to have exited the production due to creative differences, presumably with co-star Alec Baldwin.
Ben Foster is well-known in the independent film scene, with movies such as The Messenger, Rampart, and the forthcoming Kill Your Darlings. This production of Orphans will mark his Broadway debut.
Despite the slight disruption in the rehearsal process, Orphans is still scheduled to begin preview performances at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on March 19, with the official opening night set for April 7.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Tony Winner “Dear Evan Hansen” Enters Profits - July 20, 2017
- Best Play Winner “Oslo” Closes on Sunday, July 16th - July 13, 2017
- “Oslo” and “A Doll’s House, Part 2” Extend - July 7, 2017
- “The Little Foxes” Closes as Critical, not B.O., Hit - July 2, 2017
- “1984” Stage Play Opens to Mixed Reviews - June 30, 2017