Motown the Musical, the new Broadway musical that tells the story of Motown Records and its founder Berry Gordy, has found the talented young actors who will play youthful versions of Berry Gordy, Michael Jackson, and Stevie Wonder. Jibreel Mawry and Raymond Luke Jr., who were found during a country-wide casting search, will share the three roles in Motown the Musical.
Directed by Charles Randolph-Wright, Motown the Musical features many hits from Motown Records’ incredible catalog, which includes music by legends such as Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, and of course Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson.
Motown the Musical is set to begin preview performances at Broadway’s Lunt-Fontanne Theatre on March 11, with an official opening night set for April 14.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Amazing Grace” Continues Fight Against The Odds - July 27, 2015
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Comes to Broadway This Fall - July 11, 2015
- “Gigi” Concludes Its Run on Broadway - June 20, 2015
- “It’s Only a Play” Concludes Its Run - June 12, 2015
- “Airline Highway” to Close Early - June 4, 2015