Tourists arriving at JFK’s Terminal 8 today, September 7, will be able to get a little preview of Broadway before even leaving the airport. Cast members from Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark will be performing as a part of an American Airlines sponsored concert series that takes place two or three times each month at center stage in Terminal 8 at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
The series is intended as a way of providing some entertainment for people arriving and waiting to depart for flights, and so far musicians from a variety of genres have been featured. The Tony Award winning Broadway musical Once is slated to be featured later in September, and another Broadway show to-be-named will be featured in October.
American Airlines is the official airline of the Broadway production of Spider-Man, so the superhero musical is a natural choice for the JFK concert series. The show was previously featured on the Terminal 8 stage last month, so the Spider-Man cast have already had a warm-up for this performance.
The September 7 performance of selections from Spider-Man will be held from 2:30pm to 3:15pm.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Amélie,” Snubbed at Tony’s, Closes Early - June 10, 2017
- Broadway Ticket Revenue Boom Offers a False Reality - June 4, 2017
- “Anastasia” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - May 26, 2017
- “Sunday in the Park with George” Completes Run - May 19, 2017
- Lillian Hellman’s “The Little Foxes” is a Critical Hit! - May 11, 2017