The annual “Broadway on Broadway” concert will be back in Times Square on Sunday, September 9 at 11:30AM. This free event, beloved by Broadway fans, literally fills Times Square with people as Broadway performers ascend a specially constructed platform to sing out to the masses.
Kathie Lee Gifford has been tapped to serve as host this year. In addition to her hosting experience on the morning talk show Live with Regis & Kathie Lee, as well as her current stint on the fourth hour of The Today Show, Gifford actually has a direct involvement in Broadway this season. The upcoming musical Scandalous: The Life and Trials of Aimee Semple McPherson features a book and lyrics by Kathie Lee Gifford.
The complete list of “Broadway on Broadway” participants this year hasn’t been announced yet, but traditionally nearly every musical contributes a song, and stars of the upcoming season’s plays often come up to introduce songs.
“Broadway on Broadway” gives fans an excellent opportunity to get a ‘sneak peek’ of upcoming shows by seeing a musical number performed here for free. Many shows also pass out branded merchandise to the crowd. But to get a spot near the stage, it is advisable to arrive a few hours early.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016