For Broadway actress/singer Stephanie J. Block, her gig in the new Dolly Parton-penned Broadway musical 9 To 5 has paid off in more ways than one. Block, who has been working on her solo album debut, is getting the country music legend herself to appear on her new CD – the pair will duet on the 1974 classic “I Will Always Love You”. Also appearing on Block’s album, titled This Place I Know, will be an array of Broadway big shots, including Wicked composer Stephen Schwartz (accompanying Stephanie on piano for a recording of his song “Making Good”), A Chorus Line composer Marvin Hamlisch (arranging and accompanying on his song “Smart Women,” cut from the Broadway comedy Imaginary Friends), and Ragtime tunesmith Stephen Flaherty (the first recording of his song “Something Beautiful”). Considering Stephanie J. Block’s already impressive Broadway credits – The Boy From Oz, Wicked, and The Pirate Queen – it’s no wonder she was able to assemble such a team for her first solo outing. The album is due out on the PS Classics label on June 2, with a digital release on May 12.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” to End in September - July 13, 2018
- Michael Jackson Broadway Musical in Development - July 6, 2018
- “Escape to Margaritaville” Closes to Little Fanfare - June 29, 2018
- Go-Go’s Musical “Head Over Heels” Begins Previews - June 22, 2018
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018