Film star Jake Gyllenhaal (Brokeback Mountain, Donnie Darko) is currently making his debut on the New York stage, but not on Broadway, as would be expected for a star of his fame. Instead, Gyllenhaal has taken a role in the new Off-Broadway play If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet, produced by the non-profit Roundabout Theatre Company and playing at the Laura Pels Theatre.
Written by British playwright Nick Payne, If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet is about an overweight teen who is struggling with both school bullies and her family’s unsuccessful attempts to help her. Jake Gyllenhaal plays the teen’s drifter uncle, with whom she develops an unexpected bond.
Also starring Brian F. O’Byrne, Michelle Gomez, and Annie Funke, If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet officially opens Off-Broadway on September 20 for a run that is scheduled through November 25. For tickets, click here.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016