It’s been a big season for the Bard on Broadway, with productions of Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, Richard III, and William Shakespeare’s famed tragedy Macbeth, which concluded its run at Lincoln Center Theater’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre today.
Actor Ethan Hawke took on the lead role in ‘the Scottish play’ (as it is often called by those too superstitious to say its name) for this production, which featured direction by Jack O’Brien and co-starred John Glover, Richard Easton, Malcolm Gets, Byron Jennings, Brian d’Arcy James, Daniel Sunjata, and Anne-Marie Duff, who made her Broadway debut as Lady Macbeth.
Macbeth was previously seen on Broadway just last season in a nearly-solo production featuring Alan Cumming (soon to be back on Broadway this season in the re-revival of Cabaret) playing all of the parts himself.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- New Musical “Come From Away” Commences - February 18, 2017
- Six New Broadway Shows to Begin in February - January 28, 2017
- “Jitney” Opens on Broadway to Rave Reviews - January 21, 2017
- Tony Winning Play “The Humans” Concludes - January 14, 2017
- “Matilda,” “Something Rotten!” Close New Year’s Day - January 1, 2017