It’s been a big season for the Bard on Broadway, with productions of Romeo and Juliet, Twelfth Night, Richard III, and William Shakespeare’s famed tragedy Macbeth, which concluded its run at Lincoln Center Theater’s Vivian Beaumont Theatre today.
Actor Ethan Hawke took on the lead role in ‘the Scottish play’ (as it is often called by those too superstitious to say its name) for this production, which featured direction by Jack O’Brien and co-starred John Glover, Richard Easton, Malcolm Gets, Byron Jennings, Brian d’Arcy James, Daniel Sunjata, and Anne-Marie Duff, who made her Broadway debut as Lady Macbeth.
Macbeth was previously seen on Broadway just last season in a nearly-solo production featuring Alan Cumming (soon to be back on Broadway this season in the re-revival of Cabaret) playing all of the parts himself.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016
- “Black to the Future” Concludes Performances - November 4, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016