It was only recently that the smash hit Broadway musical Mamma Mia! moved into its new home at the Broadhurst Theatre (following a long run at the Winter Garden Theatre), but soon the internationally known musical will take to the high seas on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.
Mamma Mia! will make its sea-faring debut on Quantum of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean ship equipped to carry more than 4,000 passengers. Currently under construction, the ship is expected to begin presenting Mamma Mia! on its stage in November of 2014.
Mamma Mia! is not the first Broadway musical to be produced on a Royal Caribbean ship. Hairspray, Saturday Night Fever, and Chicago have all previously played on the cruise line’s ships, providing passengers with Broadway-style entertainment on the open seas.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016