The classic John Steinbeck novel Of Mice and Men will come to the Broadway stage early next year in a new production starring James Franco, Chris O’Dowd, and Leighton Meester. Anna D. Shapiro will direct the production, which will mark the first time that Of Mice and Men has been seen on Broadway in 40 years.
James Franco (Oz the Great and Powerful, 127 Hours) will take on the main role of George, while O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) will play his sweet but simple-minded friend Lennie. Meester (TV’s Gossip Girl) will play Curley’s wife.
Of Mice and Men will start preview performances at the Longacre Theatre on March 19, 2014, with opening night scheduled for April 16. The production will be a limited engagement, playing until July 27. Tickets go onsale on January 11. Find out more information at OfMiceAndMenOnBroadway.com.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017
- Glenn Close Earns Raves in “Sunset Boulevard” - February 10, 2017
- NBC Upheavals Begin, Network Makes Way For “The Megyn Kelly Morning Show” - February 2, 2017
- Oprah Returns To Broadcast TV on “60 Minutes” - February 1, 2017
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Completes Its Run - January 27, 2017