The latest Broadway revival of William Shakespeare’s 400-year old romantic tragedy Romeo and Juliet ends its Broadway run at the Richard Rodgers Theatre today. The production began previews on August 24, and then opened on September 19.
Orlando Bloom (The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies) and Condola Rashad starred as the doomed lovers in this production, which was directed by David Leveaux. Christian Camargo, Brent Carver, Chuck Cooper, Justin Guarini (the American Idol alum turned Broadway performer), Jayne Houdyshell, and Geoffrey Owens co-starred.
Romeo and Juliet has had no shortage of productions on Broadway over the years. This one was the 36th on the Internet Broadway Database’s list, with the first one having been a production in 1754 at the New Theatre.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Front Page” and “Oh, Hello” Recoup - January 20, 2017
- “Jersey Boys” Ends Extraordinary Broadway Run - January 15, 2017
- Frozen and Harry Potter Head To Broadway - January 10, 2017
- “The Color Purple” and “Falsettos” Conclude - January 7, 2017
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Closes on New Year’s Eve - December 31, 2016