The latest Broadway revival of William Shakespeare’s 400-year old romantic tragedy Romeo and Juliet ends its Broadway run at the Richard Rodgers Theatre today. The production began previews on August 24, and then opened on September 19.
Orlando Bloom (The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies) and Condola Rashad starred as the doomed lovers in this production, which was directed by David Leveaux. Christian Camargo, Brent Carver, Chuck Cooper, Justin Guarini (the American Idol alum turned Broadway performer), Jayne Houdyshell, and Geoffrey Owens co-starred.
Romeo and Juliet has had no shortage of productions on Broadway over the years. This one was the 36th on the Internet Broadway Database’s list, with the first one having been a production in 1754 at the New Theatre.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Illusionists – Turn of the Century” Begins - November 25, 2016
- Kristin Chenoweth’s “Love Letter to Broadway” Closes - November 17, 2016
- A Cappella Musical “In Transit” Begins Previews - November 11, 2016
- Eighteen Broadway Shows Go Dark For Election Day - November 8, 2016
- New York TV Shows Presidential Election Coverage - November 7, 2016