Multiple Tony Award winning director and living Broadway legendary Harold Prince is working on developing a musical version of the famed F. Scott Fitzgerald short story “The Diamond as Big as the Ritz”. The score of the musical will be written by Charles Strouse and the book will be by Thomas Meehan.
Strouse and Meehan are celebrated for their work together on the musical Annie, which is currently being revived on Broadway. Meehan also has written or co-written hilarious scripts for many other Broadway musicals, including Hairspray and The Producers.
Fitzgerald’s story, published in 1922, is about a teenager who goes to boarding school and meets a young man who claims that his family is so wealthy that they own a diamond that is larger than the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Band’s Visit” Opens to Rave Reviews - November 17, 2017
- “SpongeBob SquarePants” Musical Begins Previews - November 9, 2017
- Ayad Akhtar’s “Junk” Earns Mixed to Positive Reviews - November 3, 2017
- “The Lion King” to Hold Lottery for Free Show! - October 27, 2017
- “Harry Potter” Opens Complicated Ticket Sales - October 18, 2017