The Broadway revival of Horton Foote’s The Trip to Bountiful may have closed back in October, but those who missed it will get the chance to experience a version of that production in a forthcoming television film version to air on the Lifetime network in 2014.
Cicely Tyson, who won a Tony Award for her performance as Carrie Watts on Broadway, will reprise her role in the TV movie. Her Broadway co-star Vanessa Williams will also revive her part, and they will perform under the direction of their Broadway helmer, Michael Wilson. New to the television cast are Blair Underwood and Keke Palmer.
This new TV version of The Trip to Bountiful brings the play full circle, as it originally premiered as a teleplay in 1953 (going on to be performed as a Broadway play later that year).
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Significant Other,” by Joshua Harmon, Begins Previews - February 16, 2017
- Glenn Close Earns Raves in “Sunset Boulevard” - February 10, 2017
- NBC Upheavals Begin, Network Makes Way For “The Megyn Kelly Morning Show” - February 2, 2017
- Oprah Returns To Broadcast TV on “60 Minutes” - February 1, 2017
- “Oh, Hello on Broadway” Completes Its Run - January 27, 2017