The Broadway revival of Horton Foote’s The Trip to Bountiful may have closed back in October, but those who missed it will get the chance to experience a version of that production in a forthcoming television film version to air on the Lifetime network in 2014.
Cicely Tyson, who won a Tony Award for her performance as Carrie Watts on Broadway, will reprise her role in the TV movie. Her Broadway co-star Vanessa Williams will also revive her part, and they will perform under the direction of their Broadway helmer, Michael Wilson. New to the television cast are Blair Underwood and Keke Palmer.
This new TV version of The Trip to Bountiful brings the play full circle, as it originally premiered as a teleplay in 1953 (going on to be performed as a Broadway play later that year).
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016