In honor of the one-year anniversary of the tragic school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, New York City’s own Off-Off-Broaday Workshop Theater (312 West 36th Street) will present the Stop Gun Violence NOW Theater Festival from December 12-15.
The festival will feature a number of works, including a one-person documentary piece based on interviews of people in Littleton, Colorado following the Columbine shooting; a showcase of writings and music created by people from Newtown; a documentary drama from 10 young women reflecting on their experience with gun violence in NYC; a fictional short play about a school shooting, and more.
Panel discussions on preventing gun violence and using theater and political action to make change will also be a part of the festival, as well as a special tribute to the Newtown victims and their families. Proceeds from the festival will go to several local gun control initiatives. Learn more at www.SGVNowFest.com.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015