The double bill of Samuel Beckett’s existential classic Waiting for Godot and the lesser-known Harold Pinter play No Man’s Land have now officially opened at Broadway’s Cort Theatre. The limited run productions are scheduled to play in repertory until March 2, 2014.
The plays have already garnered a lot of attention thanks to their leading men, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. The two are not only known to film fans for their work together in the X-Men movies, but each has also starred in their own famous franchises, with McKellen playing Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies, and Stewart having starred as Captain Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation on television.
Of course both Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen also happen to be classically trained actors with extensive stage experience. McKellen hasn’t been seen on Broadway since Dance of Death in the 2001-2002 season, but Stewart was most recently on Broadway in 2010 in the comedy A Life in the Theatre.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015