One of the early casualties of the 2013-14 Broadway season, A Time To Kill concludes its run at the John Golden Theatre today. Having begun preview performances on September 28, the production only survived about a month and a half on Broadway before succumbing to poor ticket sales.
A Time To Kill was the first of best-selling author John Grisham’s novels to be adapted for the stage. The Broadway production starred Sebastian Arcelus, Patrick Page, Tom Skerritt, Tonya Pinkins, Ashley Williams, John Douglas Thompson, and Fred Dalton Thompson.
“We are enormously proud to have brought John Grisham’s A Time to Kill to Broadway with an incredible creative team and an extraordinary ensemble of actors,” stated producers Eva Price and Daryl Roth. “We would like to thank Rupert Holmes, Ethan McSweeny, and the entire company of our production for—as we all witnessed night after night—thrilling our audiences with a compelling, essential story about justice and morality.”
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/17/2015 - May 20, 2015
- “Wolf Hall” Steady at the Box Office after Eight Tony Nominations - May 14, 2015
- “Living on Love” Closes After One Month - May 6, 2015
- “Fun Home” Begins Broadway Previews - April 29, 2015
- Harvey Weinstein’s “Finding Neverland” Begins Previews - March 24, 2015