A respected actor long known for his film work, Ewan McGregor will finally appear on the Broadway stage next year in a Roundabout Theatre Company revival of Tom Stoppard’s drama The Real Thing. Sam Gold will direct, but the rest of the cast and creative team has yet to be announced.
The Real Thing is scheduled to begin preview performances at the American Airlines Theatre on October 2, 2014, with an opening scheduled for October 30. The limited-run production will play through January 4, 2015.
Though this will mark Ewan McGregor’s Broadway debut, he has been seen onstage in London. McGregor was Iago in a 2008 Donmar Warehouse production of Shakespeare’s Othello, and he has even starred in the musical Guys and Dolls. The actor’s extensive film credits include Trainspotting, Moulin Rouge!, Star Wars, and the upcoming movie adaptation of the Broadway play August: Osage County.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Miss Saigon” Revival Closes at the Broadway Theatre - January 12, 2018
- Michael Luwoye to Be Next Broadway “Hamilton” - January 6, 2018
- “Home for the Holidays” Closes After Dismal Run - December 29, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” is Longest-Running Play on Broadway - December 24, 2017
- Shows Set for Kids’ Night on Broadway - December 17, 2017