The performing arts publication Musical America has named multiple Tony Award winning actress and singer Audra McDonald as their Musician of the Year. McDonald will formally receive the honor in an awards ceremony being held at Lincoln Center on December 17.
Audra McDonald has starred on Broadway in numerous productions, including Porgy and Bess, Ragtime, 110 in the Shade, Marie Christine, and Carousel. Although she is particularly well-known as a musical theater performer, she has also appeared in plays such as A Raisin in the Sun and Master Class.
Through the television show Private Practice, Audra McDonald is also known to a broader audience. She has recorded a number of solo albums and his currently promoting her latest, Go Back Home, with a national tour. She will next be seen on TV playing the Mother Abbess in NBC’s upcoming live broadcast of The Sound of Music.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016
- “Misery” Concludes Performances at the Broadhurst Theatre - February 24, 2016