The Drama League will honor Emmy Award winning performer Neil Patrick Harris at the 30th Annual Musical Celebration of Broadway, a black tie event being held at the Pierre Hotel on February 3, 2014. Harris joins a distinguished group of former honorees, including Andrew Lloyd Webber, Kristin Chenoweth, Liza Minnelli, Angela Lansbury, Patti Lupone, Audra McDonald, Rosie O’Donnell, and others.
“We are overjoyed to add Neil Patrick Harris to the legendary roster of artists who have been honored at the Musical Celebration of Broadway during the last thirty years,” stated Gabriel Shanks, executive director of the Drama League.
Selections from Neil Patrick Harris’s career on Broadway, film, and TV will be featured during the celebration’s entertainment, which will be directed by Michael Mayer and Johanna McKeon. Several stars from both Broadway and Hollywood will perform.
Neil Patrick Harris has been seen on Broadway in the revivals of the musicals Cabaret and Assassins, and in the play Proof. His next appearance on Broadway will be in the upcoming production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, set to open in April 2014.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016