Actor and comedian John Leguizamo’s most recent Broadway solo show, Ghetto Klown, concluded its run at the Lyceum Theatre in 2011, but those who missed it (or simply want a chance to see it again) will have the opportunity soon thanks to HBO.
When John Leguizamo performs Ghetto Klown at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center on November 16, the show will be filmed by HBO to air on the cable network sometime in the Spring of 2014. Fisher Stevens, who directed the Broadway production of the one-man comedy, will also direct the taping.
In Ghetto Klown, Leguizamo relives his youthful memories growing up in New York City, focusing on the early days of his career as a performer, including his solo theater shows and his foray into movies playing opposite some of the film world’s biggest personalities.
Tony nominated for his previous shows Freak and Sexaholix, John Leguizamo is well known to both stage and film audiences. He has appeared in movies such as Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, and Ice Age, and on TV in ER.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Stories by Heart” Opens to Warm Reviews - January 18, 2018
- “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” Concludes - January 11, 2018
- “Junk” Concludes Its Run at Lincoln Center Theater - January 5, 2018
- “Dear Evan Hansen” Gets New Leading Men - December 31, 2017
- “Cats” Revival Closes This Week After 17 Months - December 28, 2017