The hit British import Matilda is celebrating the release of its original Broadway cast recording with a special CD release event at the Upper East Side location of Barnes & Noble (86th Street and Lexington Avenue) on October 24 at 3pm.
Members of the current Broadway cast of Matilda the Musical will both perform and sign copies of the CD at the event. The recording is already available digitally, with the CD scheduled to be released to stores on October 22.
Available on the Broadway Records/Yellow Sound label, the Matilda Broadway cast recording comes in both standard and deluxe versions. In addition to the 24 tracks on the standard edition, the deluxe two additional numbers, the cut song “Perhaps a Child” and a recording of “Naughty” sung by all four of the young girls who play the role of Matilda on Broadway.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016
- When Broadway Shows Struggle Financially, Producers Get Creative - May 22, 2016