The new Broadway musical Big Fish, which began preview performances at September 5, opens today at the Neil Simon Theatre. Based on the Daniel Wallace novel and the subsequent Tim Burton film of the same name, Big Fish is scheduled for an open run.
Big Fish is about the relationship between a tall-tale telling traveling salesman named Edward Bloom and his grown son Will, who wants to find out the origin of his father’s many wild stories.
Broadway favorite Norbert Leo Butz (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Catch Me If You Can) stars in the Broadway production of Big Fish, and he is joined by co-stars Bobby Steggert and Kate Baldwin. Susan Stroman directs and choreographs, while Julian Crouch provides set designs.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Tony Award Best Musical Winner “Fun Home” Closes - September 23, 2016
- Roundabout’s “The Cherry Orchard” Begins Previews - September 17, 2016
- Broadway Week Is Underway with 2-for-1 Discounts - September 8, 2016
- “Rent” to Return for 20th Anniversary Tour - August 27, 2016
- Julie Taymor of “The Lion King” to Direct “M. Butterfly” - August 21, 2016