The new Broadway musical Big Fish, which began preview performances at September 5, opens today at the Neil Simon Theatre. Based on the Daniel Wallace novel and the subsequent Tim Burton film of the same name, Big Fish is scheduled for an open run.
Big Fish is about the relationship between a tall-tale telling traveling salesman named Edward Bloom and his grown son Will, who wants to find out the origin of his father’s many wild stories.
Broadway favorite Norbert Leo Butz (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Catch Me If You Can) stars in the Broadway production of Big Fish, and he is joined by co-stars Bobby Steggert and Kate Baldwin. Susan Stroman directs and choreographs, while Julian Crouch provides set designs.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Howard Stern to Leave “America’s Got Talent” - June 25, 2015
- “Skylight” and “Fish in the Dark” Recoup - June 19, 2015
- “Doctor Zhivago” Concludes Run Early - May 25, 2015
- Broadway Show Ticket Sales Analysis w/e 5/17/2015 - May 20, 2015
- “Wolf Hall” Steady at the Box Office after Eight Tony Nominations - May 14, 2015