The hit Broadway musical Wicked has been playing on the Great White Way for 10 years now, and the show is celebrating by releasing a deluxe two-disc edition of its original Broadway cast recording (available for digital download on October 29 and in stores on November 19).
The deluxe 10th Anniversary Wicked cast recording will feature bonus tracks, the single “Popular Song” by MIKA, new artwork, and a booklet that includes new essays by songwriter Stephen Schwartz and novelist Gregory Maguire. A vinyl edition of the album will also be available, directly for purchase at the Gershwin Theatre where Wicked plays or on WickedtheMusical.com.
Other Wicked 10th anniversary celebrations taking place this month include a showcase of the musical’s memorabilia and costumes at the NBC Experience Store at Rockefeller Center, as well as Facebook and Twitter promotions that will offer prizes to fans.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Jimmy Buffett’s “Escape to Margaritaville” Begins Previews - February 15, 2018
- “Latin History for Morons” Recoups - February 9, 2018
- “Pretty Woman,” “Tootsie”: Upcoming Movie Musicals - February 4, 2018
- Lucy Kirkwood’s “The Children” Concludes Run - February 1, 2018
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Team Up in “Waitress” - January 26, 2018