The 27th Annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction is coming up on Sunday, September 22. The beloved yearly event will take place from 10am until 7pm in Shubert Alley, located on West 44th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues.
The flea market gives Broadway fans the chance to purchase theater memorabilia, ranging from old Playbills and show posters to more unique items like stage props and costumes. Actual cast members often man the tables, frequently selling homemade baked goods in addition to show-related items.
For fans who have truly been saving up their pennies, the afternoon auction features many impressive offerings. There are walk-on roles and backstage opportunities for Broadway musicals like Kinky Boots and The Lion King, a chance to have lunch with Judith Light and Angela Lansbury, signed and handwritten musical phrases by everyone from Cyndi Lauper to Stephen Schwartz, a t-shirt worn onstage by Tom Hanks, and much more.
The event will also feature a celebrity autograph table and photo booth, giving fans the chance to meet many Broadway and TV celebrities in person. Visit broadwaycares.org to find out more about the Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction and a detailed list of auction items.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015
- Tony Award Winner “Fun Home” Recoups on Broadway - December 20, 2015