The 27th Annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction is coming up on Sunday, September 22. The beloved yearly event will take place from 10am until 7pm in Shubert Alley, located on West 44th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues.
The flea market gives Broadway fans the chance to purchase theater memorabilia, ranging from old Playbills and show posters to more unique items like stage props and costumes. Actual cast members often man the tables, frequently selling homemade baked goods in addition to show-related items.
For fans who have truly been saving up their pennies, the afternoon auction features many impressive offerings. There are walk-on roles and backstage opportunities for Broadway musicals like Kinky Boots and The Lion King, a chance to have lunch with Judith Light and Angela Lansbury, signed and handwritten musical phrases by everyone from Cyndi Lauper to Stephen Schwartz, a t-shirt worn onstage by Tom Hanks, and much more.
The event will also feature a celebrity autograph table and photo booth, giving fans the chance to meet many Broadway and TV celebrities in person. Visit broadwaycares.org to find out more about the Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction and a detailed list of auction items.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016
- Manhattan Theatre Club’s “The Father” Begins Previews - March 26, 2016
- Mixed Reviews for Seth Rudetsky’s “Disaster!” Musical - March 18, 2016
- Critics Go Crazy for “The Humans” at the Helen Hayes Theatre - March 10, 2016