It’s not often that a revival is revived on Broadway, but the Roundabout Theatre Company’s 1998 Tony Award-winning revival of the musical Cabaret is returning to Broadway in 2014. What’s more, the production’s original star, Alan Cumming, will also be reprising his performance as the Emcee.
Starring alongside Alan Cumming will be Michelle Williams, the Oscar-nominated actress known for her work in films such as Brokeback Mountain and Blue Valentine. This will mark her Broadway debut.
“I’m delighted to be stepping back into the Kit Kat Klub one more time,” stated director Sam Mendes, “and to be having the opportunity to re-explore and re-discover this extraordinary musical alongside two equally extraordinary performers.”
Cabaret will start preview performances at Studio 54 (the same theater where the earlier production played) on March 21, 2014, with an opening night scheduled for April 24.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Miss Saigon” Opens to Mixed Reviews - March 24, 2017
- New Musical “Come From Away” Earns Raves - March 17, 2017
- “The Play That Goes Wrong” Begins Previews - March 11, 2017
- “Significant Other” – Strong Reviews, Poor Box Office - March 4, 2017
- “Sunday in the Park with George” Earns Raves - February 24, 2017