The producers of the Broadway revival of Annie have announced that the production will close on January 5, 2014. Annie, which opened on Broadway in November of 2012, will close having played over 500 performances.
The original Broadway production of Annie opened in 1977, won seven Tony Awards, and played more than 2,000 performances. In addition to the current revival, there was also a revival in 1997.
Written by Charles Strouse (music), Martin Charnin (lyrics), and Thomas Meehan (book), Annie is a musical based on the famed comic strip about an orphan girl living in Depression-era New York City. It is best known for memorable songs such as “Tomorrow” and “It’s a Hard Knock Life”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Encounter” Opens to Generally Positive Reviews - October 14, 2016
- Broadway Plays Leap Over Musicals as the Fall Season Gets Underway - October 12, 2016
- SNL Season 42 Starts With Record Viewership With Trump Clinton Sketch - October 3, 2016
- “The Front Page” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 1, 2016
- Tony Award Best Musical Winner “Fun Home” Closes - September 23, 2016