The producers of the Broadway revival of Annie have announced that the production will close on January 5, 2014. Annie, which opened on Broadway in November of 2012, will close having played over 500 performances.
The original Broadway production of Annie opened in 1977, won seven Tony Awards, and played more than 2,000 performances. In addition to the current revival, there was also a revival in 1997.
Written by Charles Strouse (music), Martin Charnin (lyrics), and Thomas Meehan (book), Annie is a musical based on the famed comic strip about an orphan girl living in Depression-era New York City. It is best known for memorable songs such as “Tomorrow” and “It’s a Hard Knock Life”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Front Page” and “Oh, Hello” Recoup - January 20, 2017
- “Jersey Boys” Ends Extraordinary Broadway Run - January 15, 2017
- Frozen and Harry Potter Head To Broadway - January 10, 2017
- “The Color Purple” and “Falsettos” Conclude - January 7, 2017
- “Fiddler on the Roof” Closes on New Year’s Eve - December 31, 2016