It has been announced that the forthcoming film version of the Broadway musical The Drowsy Chaperone will star film and stage actor Geoffrey Rush. Rush will play the role of Man in Chair, a part that he played on stage in the Australian premiere of the show in 2010.
Geoffrey Rush has starred in numerous movie, including Shakespeare in Love and The King’s Speech, which both earned him Oscar nominations. He actually won the Oscar for his career-making performance in Shine. Rush has performed once on Broadway in the play Exit the King, and earned a Tony Award for his performance.
The Drowsy Chaperone, a musical comedy, has a book by Bob Martin and Don McKellar, and music and lyrics by Gregg Morrison and Lisa Lambert. The film is expected to start shooting in 2014.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Thérèse Raquin” Opens at Roundabout’s Studio 54 Theatre - November 7, 2015
- “Dames at Sea” Opens at the Helen Hayes Theatre - November 3, 2015
- “Old Times” Opens at the American Airlines Theatre - October 16, 2015
- “On Your Feet!” Musical Begins Previews on Broadway - October 11, 2015
- “Spring Awakening” Opens at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre - September 30, 2015