NBC’s live television production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood as Maria now has a Captain von Trapp to play opposite her. Actor Stephen Moyer will take on the part of the demanding widower who was memorably played on screen by Christopher Plummer.
Though Stephen Moyer is primarily known to audiences for his starring role on the hit vampire-themed TV show True Blood, he does have previous stage experience. Most recently Moyer played the part of smooth-talking lawyer Billy Flynn in Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl.
Produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (TV’s Smash), the new production of The Sound of Music will be broadcast live on NBC on December 5.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Jordan Klepper Set For His Own Show on Comedy Central - November 29, 2016
- “Alton Brown: Eat Your Science” Plays Limited Run - November 27, 2016
- “Hamilton” Goes Off-Script for Mike Pence Ambush - November 20, 2016
- “Black to the Future” Concludes Performances - November 4, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016