NBC’s live television production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood as Maria now has a Captain von Trapp to play opposite her. Actor Stephen Moyer will take on the part of the demanding widower who was memorably played on screen by Christopher Plummer.
Though Stephen Moyer is primarily known to audiences for his starring role on the hit vampire-themed TV show True Blood, he does have previous stage experience. Most recently Moyer played the part of smooth-talking lawyer Billy Flynn in Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl.
Produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (TV’s Smash), the new production of The Sound of Music will be broadcast live on NBC on December 5.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Heisenberg” Gets Rave Reviews on Broadway - October 21, 2016
- “Falsettos” Begins Previews at the Walter Kerr Theatre - October 13, 2016
- “Heisenberg” Begins Previews with Mary-Louise Parker - September 24, 2016
- “Jersey Boys” Announces Closing, “Groundhog Day” to Replace It - September 16, 2016
- Sean Hayes Wraps Up Run in “An Act of God” - September 3, 2016