NBC’s live television production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music starring Carrie Underwood as Maria now has a Captain von Trapp to play opposite her. Actor Stephen Moyer will take on the part of the demanding widower who was memorably played on screen by Christopher Plummer.
Though Stephen Moyer is primarily known to audiences for his starring role on the hit vampire-themed TV show True Blood, he does have previous stage experience. Most recently Moyer played the part of smooth-talking lawyer Billy Flynn in Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl.
Produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (TV’s Smash), the new production of The Sound of Music will be broadcast live on NBC on December 5.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Stephen Karam’s Play “The Humans” Begins Previews - January 30, 2016
- “Hamilton” to Embark on National Tour from Chicago - January 17, 2016
- NBC’s “Meredith Vieira Show” Cancelled Due to Low Ratings - January 8, 2016
- “Fool For Love” Concludes With Strong Reviews and Passable Box Office - December 27, 2015
- Tony Award Winner “Fun Home” Recoups on Broadway - December 20, 2015