It has been announced that the musical Dames at Sea will get a production on Broadway next year. Dames at Sea features music by Jim Wise, and book and lyrics by Robin Miller and George Haimsohn. This new production will have music direction from Rob Berman and direction/choreography by Tony nominee Randy Skinner.
A tap-happy celebration of the Golden Era of film musicals, Dames at Sea originally opened Off-Broadway in 1968 in a production starring Bernadette Peters, playing what was a breakthrough role for the eventual Tony Award winning actress and Broadway icon.
“This is a quintessential American musical with an amazingly tuneful score and a really clever book, and this Dames will have more dancing than ever before,” stated the production’s director and choreographer, Randy Skinner. “For the first time in New York, Dames will be heard with a fully orchestrated score.”
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Bartlett Sher’s “My Fair Lady” Begins Performances - March 16, 2018
- “John Lithgow: Stories by Heart” Concludes Run - March 10, 2018
- “Latin History for Morons” Concludes Performances - February 28, 2018
- Jez Butterworth’s “The Ferryman” to Play Broadway - February 18, 2018
- Smash’s Katharine McPhee to Star in “Waitress” - February 16, 2018