It has been announced that the musical Dames at Sea will get a production on Broadway next year. Dames at Sea features music by Jim Wise, and book and lyrics by Robin Miller and George Haimsohn. This new production will have music direction from Rob Berman and direction/choreography by Tony nominee Randy Skinner.
A tap-happy celebration of the Golden Era of film musicals, Dames at Sea originally opened Off-Broadway in 1968 in a production starring Bernadette Peters, playing what was a breakthrough role for the eventual Tony Award winning actress and Broadway icon.
“This is a quintessential American musical with an amazingly tuneful score and a really clever book, and this Dames will have more dancing than ever before,” stated the production’s director and choreographer, Randy Skinner. “For the first time in New York, Dames will be heard with a fully orchestrated score.”
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “Moulin Rouge!” to Begin Pre-Broadway Engagement - June 16, 2018
- “Band’s Visit” and “Harry Potter” Crush Tony Awards - June 10, 2018
- Edward Albee’s “Three Tall Women” Adds Final Show - June 1, 2018
- “Some Like It Hot” to Be a Broadway Musical - May 25, 2018
- Tony Nominations Analysis: Snubs and Surprises - May 19, 2018