The acclaimed Manchester International Festival production of William Shakespeare’s tragedy Macbeth, starring Kenneth Branagh, will come to Park Avenue Armory in New York City next summer. Though Branagh has a great deal of experience on the English stage, this will mark the esteemed actor’s New York stage debut.
Featuring Kenneth Branagh in the title role and Alex Kingston (also making her debut on the NYC stage) as Lady Macbeth, the production has set and costume design by Christopher Oram, lighting by Neil Austin, sound design courtesy of Christopher Shutt, and music by frequent Branagh collaborator Patrick Doyle.
Referring to the Armory space where the production will be staged, Branagh stated that, “Utilizing the possibilities of the vast open space is a truly exciting prospect. I am delighted that we have the chance to recreate Macbeth in this epic setting.”
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Shubert Launches New Website TelechargeOffers - July 4, 2014
- Hugh Jackman to Host the 2014 Tony Awards, Sunday June 8, 2014 - March 8, 2014
- Broadway Stars at the 2014 Oscars - March 3, 2014
- Heterosexual Males Prove To Be An Elusive Audience For Broadway Producers - February 25, 2014
- Dodger Theatricals’ Matilda Offers Discount Tickets At The TKTS Booth, But Nowhere Else - February 24, 2014