The new Terrence McNally play, which recently had its premiere at Bucks County Playhouse, will come to Broadway in the spring of 2014. The production of the play, titled Mothers and Sons and scheduled to be directed by Sheryl Kaller, will star Tyne Daly (Rabbit Hole, Gypsy).
Mothers and Sons is about a woman who, 20 years after her son’s death, turns up on the doorstep of his former lover, now married with a son.
Tony Award winning playwright Terrence McNally has had many of his plays on Broadway over the years, including Love! Valour! Compassion! and Master Class. He has also written the books for many Broadway musicals, Ragtime and The Full Monty among them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016
- When Broadway Shows Struggle Financially, Producers Get Creative - May 22, 2016
- Tina Fey’s “Mean Girls” Destined for Broadway - May 15, 2016
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson Opens “Fully Committed” - May 5, 2016