The new Terrence McNally play, which recently had its premiere at Bucks County Playhouse, will come to Broadway in the spring of 2014. The production of the play, titled Mothers and Sons and scheduled to be directed by Sheryl Kaller, will star Tyne Daly (Rabbit Hole, Gypsy).
Mothers and Sons is about a woman who, 20 years after her son’s death, turns up on the doorstep of his former lover, now married with a son.
Tony Award winning playwright Terrence McNally has had many of his plays on Broadway over the years, including Love! Valour! Compassion! and Master Class. He has also written the books for many Broadway musicals, Ragtime and The Full Monty among them.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Our Mother’s Brief Affair” and “Noises Off” Open - January 23, 2016
- Lion King and Hamilton Online Ticket Lotteries Begin - January 6, 2016
- “Noises Off” Begins Previews at the American Airlines Theatre - January 2, 2016
- 2015/2016 New Year Holiday Broadway Show Schedule - December 22, 2015
- “The Illusionists: Live on Broadway” – The Magic is Back - December 12, 2015