Broadway Week is back. Occurring twice annually, Broadway Week is a promotional event in which participating Broadway shows offer 2-for-1 ticket deals for a limited time. This year, Broadway Week — which is always more than a week long — is scheduled for September 2-15.
To take advantage of these buy one get one free Broadway ticket deals, ticket buyers just use a special discount code when they buy their tickets through their selected show’s official ticket seller.
While many Broadway shows take part in Broadway Week, not all do. Some top-selling Broadway musicals such as The Book of Mormon, Motown the Musical, Pippin, Matilda, and Kinky Boots are not offering two for one discount deals, presumably because they are doing so well selling full-price tickets right now that they are unwilling to offer any kind of discount, even for a limited period of time.
Interestingly, though, the two most popular shows on Broadway right now, The Lion King and Wicked, are participating in Broadway Week. The reason for this likely has to do with the fact that Wicked and The Lion King have both been running on Broadway for a long time and have long since paid back their investments, meaning they can better afford to briefly offer a promotional discount. That said, the discount allotment for those two shows have already sold out, so hopeful Broadway Week buyers should be sure to act fast next time.
To see the complete list of participating shows and to find out more about Broadway Week, click here.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- Megyn Kelly Announces Timing and Format of Her Two New NBC Shows - May 16, 2017
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017