Even many of Stephen Sondheim’s most avid fans know very little about the film version of his classic 1973 Broadway musical A Little Night Music. Starring Elizabeth Taylor and Diana Rigg, the 1978 movie was not a success and has gone largely forgotten by musical theater fans over the decades.
But now Sondheim fans can judge for themselves whether or not the movie’s songs were worth preserving, as the A Little Night Music movie soundtrack has been made available on CD for the first time ever. The CD recording has been released by Sony Masterworks and is also available for digital download.
In addition to well-known Stephen Sondheim songs like “Send in the Clowns,” the soundtrack also includes a re-written film version of “The Glamorous Life” and instrumental cues that were previously unreleased. Go to MasterworksBroadway.com to find out more about the recording.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Late Show with Stephen Colbert Announces First Week Line Up - August 28, 2015
- “Penn & Teller” Completes Its Limited Engagement - August 17, 2015
- Casting Announced for “She Loves Me” on Broadway - August 1, 2015
- “Amazing Grace” Continues Fight Against The Odds - July 27, 2015
- Deaf West “Spring Awakening” Comes to Broadway This Fall - July 11, 2015