It has been several months since the short-lived Broadway musical Hands on a Hardbody ended its run at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, but the show will still be remembered due to the upcoming August 27 release of its original Broadway cast recording.
The CD release will be celebrated with a special event at Barnes & Noble (Manhattan’s East 86th Street location) to be held on September 4 at 7pm. Cast members from the Broadway cast will perform and sign copies of the CD for fans.
Featuring a score by Amanda Green (Bring It On) and Phish’s Trey Anastasio, Hands on a Hardbody was inspired by a real-life event in Texas in which a group of people took part in an endurance competition in the hopes of winning a brand new truck.
The 21-track Broadway cast recording of Hands on a Hardbody includes songs such as the soaring “I’m Gone” and a bonus number titled “The Tryers”.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016