Although it didn’t last especially long on Broadway, the recently-shuttered play The Nance will live again on film. Taped during special performances of the production that were added following its scheduled closing, The Nance will air on PBS as a part of its “Live from Lincoln Center” series in 2014.
Written by Douglas Carter Beane (The Little Dog Laughed, Xanadu, Sister Act, Cinderella), The Nance starred Tony Award winner Nathan Lane as a burlesque performer who played campy characters onstage, yet had to hide his own homosexuality from the world.
Lane’s co-stars in The Nance included Cady Huffman (The Producers), Andrea Burns (In the Heights), Lewis J. Stadlen, Jenni Barber, Jonny Orsini, and Geoffrey Allen Murphy.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016