The Next to Normal team of Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey (who also wrote the new Broadway-bound musical If/Then) will team up with Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark scribe Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa to adapt the recent film Magic Mike into a Broadway musical.
Magic Mike director Steven Soderbergh and star Channing Tatum will serve as producers on the musical. The popular 2012 movie, which co-starred Matthew McConaughey, Joe Manganiello, Alex Pettyfer and Matt Bomer, was inspired by Tatum’s experience as a male stripper.
Another of the show’s producers, Reid Carolin, previously spoke to USA Today about the Magic Mike musical, saying, “We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story, more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story. I’m almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it’s the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show.”
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014
- Kinky Boots To Launch Tour in Vegas - January 19, 2014
- Macbeth Closes on Broadway - January 12, 2014