Starring Zachary Levi (TV’s Chuck) and Krysta Rodriguez (The Addams Family on Broadway), First Date is — as the title aptly indicates — about two New Yorkers who go out on a first date that unfolds in real-time. Levi is Wall Street trader Aaron and Rodriguez plays artist Casey, and they are both attempting to get through the evening with their sanity intact as annoying relatives, old flames, and friends pop up to offer their unsolicited commentary.
Directed by Bill Berry, First Date has a book by Austin Winsberg, and music/lyrics by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner. August Eriksmoen provides orchestrations, while Dominick Amendum supplies vocal and incidental music arrangements for the production.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Inside the Actors Studio” Becomes First TV Show in NYC to Sell Tickets - November 26, 2015
- “School of Rock – The Musical” Begins Previews - November 24, 2015
- “Lord of the Dance: Dangerous Games” Starts at the Lyric Theatre - November 14, 2015
- “Sylvia” by A.R. Gurney Opens at the Cort Theatre - November 6, 2015
- “Misery” Begins Previews at the Broadhurst Theatre - October 30, 2015