Starring Zachary Levi (TV’s Chuck) and Krysta Rodriguez (The Addams Family on Broadway), First Date is — as the title aptly indicates — about two New Yorkers who go out on a first date that unfolds in real-time. Levi is Wall Street trader Aaron and Rodriguez plays artist Casey, and they are both attempting to get through the evening with their sanity intact as annoying relatives, old flames, and friends pop up to offer their unsolicited commentary.
Directed by Bill Berry, First Date has a book by Austin Winsberg, and music/lyrics by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner. August Eriksmoen provides orchestrations, while Dominick Amendum supplies vocal and incidental music arrangements for the production.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016