From August 5-11, Brazilian opera star Paulo Szot (South Pacific) takes on many beloved classics of the American songbook. Sierra Boggess (The Little Mermaid, The Phantom of the Opera) will make her cabaret debut, performing an array of numbers from both classic and emerging songwriters on August 19 and 26 at 9:30pm.
Broadway fans should also be sure to check out “Broadway Swings” on August 7, 14, and 18. This event features swingin’ arrangements of Broadway tunes from musicals such as The King & I, Pippin, and Porgy & Bess.
The late night “Writer’s Block” series also offers an opportunity to hear from upcoming talent, and the “Broadway Trivia Night” on August 7 at 11:30pm gives Broadway super fans a chance to battle their wits and memories.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “Motown” to Close Abruptly Days After Opening - July 22, 2016
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cats” Prowls onto Broadway - July 16, 2016
- “Long Day’s Journey Into Night” Closes on Broadway - July 6, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” to Close Abruptly Following Tony Snub - June 24, 2016
- “American Psycho” Closes at $8.8 Million Loss - June 5, 2016