The Birdland Jazz Club (315 West 44th Street, between 7th and 8th avenues) showcases the best of the Great White Way with the “Broadway at Birdland” series this month. Clarke Thorell (Annie, Titanic) will do an evening called “Songs I Wish I’d Written” on August 5 at 7pm. Thorell will sing songs by an eclectic range of musicians, including Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Sting, Chris Thile, and Adam Guettel.
Actress Julie Halston will perform “Classical Julie” on August 12 and 19 at 7pm, offering her unique take on Ibsen and other esteemed writers. And on August 26, actor/singer James Barbour (A Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre, Beauty and the Beast) will perform a solo concert at 7pm.
To get tickets to these shows and others, call 212-581-3080 or visit online at www.BirdlandJazz.com.
Ontario, Canada is a long time behind Carly, but still loves Toronto (go Leafs!) Carly likes to write about Broadway happenings that are a little less mainstream
Favorite Saying: "The enlightened are free from doubt, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear."
Latest posts by Carly White - Broadway Ticket Expert (see all)
- Broadway Musical Taboo Stages Reunion Concert - February 7, 2014
- Tony n’ Tina Coming Back to Off-Broadway - January 13, 2014
- Real Housewives Star To Perform Off-Broadway - December 13, 2013
- Twelfth Night Goes Off-Broadway - December 7, 2013
- Broadway Schedule Changes for Thanksgiving Week - November 23, 2013