The Birdland Jazz Club (315 West 44th Street, between 7th and 8th avenues) showcases the best of the Great White Way with the “Broadway at Birdland” series this month. Clarke Thorell (Annie, Titanic) will do an evening called “Songs I Wish I’d Written” on August 5 at 7pm. Thorell will sing songs by an eclectic range of musicians, including Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Sting, Chris Thile, and Adam Guettel.
Actress Julie Halston will perform “Classical Julie” on August 12 and 19 at 7pm, offering her unique take on Ibsen and other esteemed writers. And on August 26, actor/singer James Barbour (A Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre, Beauty and the Beast) will perform a solo concert at 7pm.
To get tickets to these shows and others, call 212-581-3080 or visit online at www.BirdlandJazz.com.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017
- The View and Colbert Election TV Show Specials Fail To Impress - November 12, 2016
- “Les Liaisons Dangereuses” Earns Mixed Reviews - November 5, 2016