Reeve Carney, the performer who has played the role of Peter Parker / Spiderman in Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark since it first bowed on Broadway, will finally depart the production on September 15. To find his replacement, the show’s producers are launching a talent search.
Currently there are two open casting calls planned, one in New York and the other in Los Angeles. The L.A. call will take place on August 12 at Hollywood United Methodist Church. The NYC call will be held on August 19 at Stage 48 & Sky-Lounge.
The casting description for Spiderman is for males in either their late teens or early 20s, and they can be any ethnicity. “Nerdy with an understated sex appeal and a good sense of humor” is desirable, and a “great rock singing voice” is a must.
Casting personnel will also be seeing actresses who might be considered in the future to play Mary Jane.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- “An Act of God” Begins Previews - May 24, 2015
- America Got Talent AGT Begins Audition Shows in NJPAC - March 4, 2015
- “Honeymoon in Vegas” Begins Previews on Broadway - December 6, 2014
- Peter Pan Musical To Be Aired Live on TV - February 15, 2014
- NYC Super Bowl Event Will Feature Jersey Boys - January 24, 2014