Reeve Carney, the performer who has played the role of Peter Parker / Spiderman in Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark since it first bowed on Broadway, will finally depart the production on September 15. To find his replacement, the show’s producers are launching a talent search.
Currently there are two open casting calls planned, one in New York and the other in Los Angeles. The L.A. call will take place on August 12 at Hollywood United Methodist Church. The NYC call will be held on August 19 at Stage 48 & Sky-Lounge.
The casting description for Spiderman is for males in either their late teens or early 20s, and they can be any ethnicity. “Nerdy with an understated sex appeal and a good sense of humor” is desirable, and a “great rock singing voice” is a must.
Casting personnel will also be seeing actresses who might be considered in the future to play Mary Jane.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- Katharine McPhee Begins in “Waitress” - April 20, 2018
- “Mean Girls” Musical Opens to Mixed Reviews - April 13, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Begins Previews - April 6, 2018
- Kenneth Lonergan’s “Lobby Hero” Opens to Great Reviews - March 30, 2018
- Denzel Washington Begins in “The Iceman Cometh” - March 24, 2018