Casting has been announced for the upcoming Broadway production of A Time to Kill, the stage adaptation of John Grisham’s debut novel, which will start performances at the John Golden Theatre on September 28.
Sebastian Arcelus (Broadway’s Elf, TV’s House of Cards) will take on the role of defense attorney Jack Brigance, a breakout role for actor Matthew McConaughey in the 1996 film version. Actor and former senator Fred Dalton Thompson will make his Broadway debut in the production as Judge Noose.
Adapted by Rupert Holmes, the stage version of A Time to Kill will be helmed by Ethan McSweeny. James Noone will provide set design, David Woolard supplies costume design, and Jeff Croiter will do lighting. This is the first John Grisham book to be given a stage production.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- “The Father” Earns Mixed Reviews on Broadway - April 16, 2016
- “Shuffle Along” Begins Previews at the Music Box Theatre - March 24, 2016
- Roundabout Theatre Company’s “Noises Off” Closes - March 20, 2016
- Steve Martin and Edie Brickell’s Musical “Bright Star” Begins Previews - March 3, 2016
- “Late Show with Stephen Colbert” Post-Super Bowl Ratings Surge - February 11, 2016