Manhattan Theater Club (MTC) will produce a new play by Tony Award winning playwright John Patrick Shanley in early 2014. Outside Mullingar will begin its run at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on January 2, with an opening set for January 23.
Directed by Doug Hughes, Outside Mullingar will star Debra Messing (Smash, Will & Grace) and Tony winner Brian F. OByrne, who received much acclaim for his work in Shanley’s most famous Broadway play, Doubt.
Outside Mullingar is set in rural Ireland, and tells the story of cattle farmer Anthony and his neighbor Rosemary. The funny, romantic, and poignant drama is set to play a limited 11-week engagement.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Lauded Revival of “Angels in America” Closes - July 14, 2018
- Stephen Payne Replaces Lead in “Straight White Men” - July 5, 2018
- Young Jean Lee’s “Straight White Men” Begins Previews - June 28, 2018
- Broadway-Bound “Cher Show” Launches in Chicago - June 21, 2018
- Tom Stoppard’s “Travesties” Concludes Run - June 14, 2018