Manhattan Theater Club (MTC) will produce a new play by Tony Award winning playwright John Patrick Shanley in early 2014. Outside Mullingar will begin its run at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on January 2, with an opening set for January 23.
Directed by Doug Hughes, Outside Mullingar will star Debra Messing (Smash, Will & Grace) and Tony winner Brian F. OByrne, who received much acclaim for his work in Shanley’s most famous Broadway play, Doubt.
Outside Mullingar is set in rural Ireland, and tells the story of cattle farmer Anthony and his neighbor Rosemary. The funny, romantic, and poignant drama is set to play a limited 11-week engagement.
Latest posts by Jennifer Chen (see all)
- Tony Award Best Musical Winner “Fun Home” Closes - September 23, 2016
- Roundabout’s “The Cherry Orchard” Begins Previews - September 17, 2016
- Broadway Week Is Underway with 2-for-1 Discounts - September 8, 2016
- “Rent” to Return for 20th Anniversary Tour - August 27, 2016
- Julie Taymor of “The Lion King” to Direct “M. Butterfly” - August 21, 2016