The classic 1978 college comedy Animal House, which is soon to become a Broadway show, has a new songwriter penning its score. The Canadian rock group Barenaked Ladies were originally set to write Animal House‘s score, but now David Yazbek is taking over songwriting duties for the new tuner.
David Yazbek is best known to Broadway fans for his tuneful score to the Broadway musical version of The Full Monty. He also wrote the scores for the Broadway musical comedies Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and, most recently, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.
Animal House, which is shooting to make its stage premiere in 2014, features a book by Michael Mitnick. Casey Nicholaw, the Tony winning director of The Book of Mormon, will helm the musical.
Latest posts by Pawdesh Salawi (see all)
- SNL Undergoes Summer Talent and Cast Change - August 24, 2016
- Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo Musical Headed to Broadway - August 13, 2016
- “Motown the Musical” Is Back on Broadway - July 15, 2016
- “Tuck Everlasting” Closes After 67 Performances - June 4, 2016
- “Live with Kelly and Michael” Faces Major Upheaval - April 24, 2016