Numerous Broadway actors and singers will join together on July 22 at the Skirball Center (566 LaGuardia Place) for a benefit concert titled “Broadway Stands Up for Freedom”. Proceeds from the benefit will go to NYCLU’s youth programming, which includes support for LGBT teens, an initiative that educates teens on their right to health care access, and efforts to halt overly aggressive policing and military recruiting at NYC public schools.
The currently-scheduled line-up of Broadway performers includes Anthony Rapp (Rent), Nellie McKay (Old Hats), Tonya Pinkins (Caroline, or Change), Celia Keenan-Bolger (Peter and the Starcatcher), Charl Brown (Motown the Musical), Rory O’Malley (The Book of Mormon), Randy Graff (City of Angels), Lauren Molina (Rock of Ages), Broadway composer Andrew Lippa (Big Fish), and many more.
Tickets for “Broadway Stands Up for Freedom” start at $60. Go to NYCLU.org/Bway for more information.
Latest posts by Carly White (see all)
- How Will The Juggernaut Harry Potter Fare Against NYC Broadway Shows - April 18, 2017
- “Amélie” Musical Disappoints Fans of the Film - April 15, 2017
- The Original Hamilton Cast: Where Are They Now? - March 24, 2017
- Broadway Shows – Snow Storms, Blizzard Conditions and Show Cancellations - March 14, 2017
- The Worst Broadway Shows of 2016 - January 10, 2017